To be a Walker in the US, please meet the following requirements:
- Have a U.S. Social Security Number. This is required for the background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age. All Walkers must meet this age requirement in order to perform walks. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Be able to work in one of our People Walker areas. Unfortunately, we are not launched in every city in the US, but please be sure to keep up with us as we hope to expand to other cities soon! You can see a full list of cities here.
- Provide us with personal information for a background check. We process a full criminal background check on all US Walkers. We will require your full legal name, date of birth, address, and Social Security Number. We do not use your private information for any other reasons, and it is processed and stored through Checkr, Inc., our third-party background check platform. Your banking information is needed to establish a direct deposit for your earnings once you are registered.
- Have a bank account with a financial institution. To be a Walker you must have a checking account. Prepaid debit cards and reloadable bank cards will not work, even if they accept direct deposits.
- Have a valid credit card. If your registration is successful, we will charge your credit card a non-refundable $18 registration fee.
- Have a smartphone. You'll be managing your walks through our People Walker app, which available in either the Apple or Google Play stores. We do not have a Windows application at this time. You must have iOS 7.0 or later, or Android version 4.0.3 or later.
If you meet all of these requirements, please download the People Walker app and start your application process!