Use these tips to solve the most common device connectivity, app-freezing, or website problems.
- Sign of poor connectivity
- Tips to improve connectivity
- How to fix frozen app
- How to fix website errors
Sign of poor connectivity
Connectivity can be challenging because each cellular network has different service areas in each city. Here are some common indications of poor connectivity:
- Trouble requesting a walk or logging into the app
- App doesn't respond when using
- Unable to accept walk requests
- Can't start or end a walk
- Pop-up notification about issues with connectivity or device reaching servers
Tips to improve connectivity
These steps will solve most device connectivity issues.
- Update your phone's software and settings: During your downtime, update your device's software and settings. This can prevent future app issues.
- Close any unnecessary apps: When using the People Walker app, try not to have other apps on in the background (if you can). Using multiple apps at the same time can impact the data that People Walker relies on.
- Toggle airplane mode on and off: If you're having connectivity issues or the app freezes, toggle airplane mode on for 10 seconds, then off. This will refresh your connection to your service provider’s network.
- Move locations: You may be in an area that your carrier doesn't provide service in or an area with weak connection.
- Restart your device: Switching your phone off and on again essentially resets it. Resetting your phone often resolves small glitches.
- Delete the People Walker app and download it again: If there are bugs in that particular app version, deleting the app and re-downloading it may resolve the issue. Additionally, turning off your phone before reinstalling the app ensures a clean start.
If you experience frequent connectivity issues, your cell provider or plan may not allow enough data access for you to use the app smoothly. Reach out to your service provider if you think if you have insufficient data.
How to fix frozen app
Sometimes your app may freeze, stop working, not respond, or display another error. Try these steps in order:
- Make sure you have the latest software and that your settings are updated
- Close the app and any other apps running in the background of your device
- Toggle airplane mode on and then off once to refresh your network connection
- Shut down your device for at least 30 seconds, then restart it
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
If you're unsure how to do any of the above steps, try an internet search or visit your local wireless store for personal help.
How to fix website errors
If the page you're trying to view won’t load or gives you an error, try the following:
- Reload the page
- Clear your cache, browsing data, and cookies. Each browser is different, so try looking in settings, history, preferences, or advanced settings for this option.
- Try viewing the same web address on a different browser (for example, Safari if you're using Google Chrome)